litre (plural litres) (chiefly British, Canadian, Irish, South African, Australian / NZ spelling)
- The metric unit of fluid measure, equal to one cubic decimetre. Symbols: l, L, ℓ
- You should be able to fill four cups with one litre of water.
- (informal) A measure of volume equivalent to a litre.
- The litre is not an SI unit but is accepted for use with SI units. The official SI symbols are the capital or lower-case roman L. The script symbol ℓ, while not officially sanctioned, was sometimes used in non-technical contexts to prevent the lower-case roman l from being confused with 1, the number one.
- (archaic) Alternative form of litreach: genitive singular of litir
- (archaic) Alternative form of litreacha: nominative plural of litir