hind leg (plural hind legs)
- Either of the two legs towards the rear of a four-legged animal.
- 1922, Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit
- "Can you hop on your hind legs?" asked the furry rabbit.
- That was a dreadful question, for the Velveteen Rabbit had no hind legs at all! The back of him was made all in one piece, like a pincushion. He sat still in the bracken, and hoped that the other rabbits wouldn't notice.
either of two legs towards the rear
- Mandarin: 後肢 (zh), 后肢 (zh) (hòuzhī)
- Finnish: takajalka
- French: (please verify)patte de derrière f , (please verify)patte arrière f , (please verify)patte postérieure f
- German: Hinterlauf m, Hinterbein (de) n
- Icelandic: afturfótur (is) m
- Irish: cos deiridh f
- Japanese: 後肢 (こうし, kōshi), 後足 (あとあし, atoashi, こうきゃく, kōkyaku), 後ろ足 (うしろあし, ushiroashi)
- Korean: 뒷다리 (dwis-dari)
- Low German:
- German Low German: Achterbeen (nds) n
- Bokmål: bakbein n, bakben n
- Nynorsk: bakbein n
- Portuguese: perna traseira f
- Russian: за́дняя нога́ f (zádnjaja nogá), за́дняя ла́па f (zádnjaja lápa) (hind paw)
- Scottish Gaelic: (horse's) lurgann f
- Swedish: bakben n
- Tok Pisin: lek (tpi)
- Welsh: coes ôl (cy) f