fareworthy (comparative fareworthier or more fareworthy, superlative fareworthiest or most fareworthy)
- Having the right to go as one pleases; free to go; capable of leaving (a place); able to depart (at one's will); unrestrained.
- 1886, John Wood Warter, Richard Garnett, An old Shropshire oak:
- It constantly happened that the manumitted serf,' said my Talking Friend, 'found his way under the old tree, my father, and he was free and færewyrd — that is to say, free and fareworthy, or with the right to go where he would — [...]
- 1968, Claudio Véliz, Latin America and the Caribbean: a handbook:
- Thus the service-tenant may be legally 'fareworthy' but if he decides to leave the hacienda, a word from the proprietor will ensure his forced return by the police.
having the right to leave