Webster 1913 Edition
The quality of being effective.
effectiveness (countable and uncountable, plural effectivenesses)
- The property of being effective, of achieving results.
- The effectiveness of the drug was well established.
- The capacity or potential for achieving results.
- 2013 August 31, Jack L. Goldsmith, “What Happened to the Rule of Law?”, in New York Times:
- The problem with these precedents is that the Security Council did not authorize intervention in Syria, and an intervention there will thus harm, not help, the Council’s credibility and effectiveness.
- The degree to which something achieves results.
- He questioned the effectiveness of the treatment.
capacity or potential