cosmetic (comparative more cosmetic, superlative most cosmetic)
- Imparting or improving beauty, particularly the beauty of the complexion.
- a cosmetic preparation
- Alexander Pope
- First, robed in white, the nymph intent adores, / With head uncovered, the cosmetic powers.
- External or superficial; pertaining only to the surface or appearance of something.
- Fortunately, the damage to the house was mostly cosmetic and a bit of paint covered it nicely.
cosmetic (plural cosmetics)
- Any substances applied to enhance the external color or texture of the skin, e.g. lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner; makeup.
- A feature existing only on the surface.
- See also Wikisaurus:toiletry
any substances applied to enhance the external color or texture of the skin