aforementioned (not comparable)
- Previously mentioned.
- The PA system broadcast a long list of names in the morning, but it wasn't until later that they requested the aforementioned students report to the health clinic.
When it modifies a noun phrase, it is generally preceded by the definite article the, and the combination functions as a determiner rather than a simple adjective. It can also occur before a cardinal as in the aforementioned two papers instead of the two aforementioned papers, though the latter is also acceptable.
- Japanese: 前述の (ja) (ぜんじゅつの, zenjutsu no)
- Korean: 상기 (ko) (sanggi, 上記)
- Latin: supradictus m
- Polish: wyżej wspomniany, powyżej wspomniany, wcześniej wspomniany
- Portuguese: supracitado, sobredito (pt), já mencionado
- Russian: вышеупомя́нутый (ru) (vyšeupomjánutyj), вышеска́занный (ru) (vyšeskázannyj)
- Spanish: ya mencionado (es), antedicho (es), sobredicho
- Telugu: ముందు పేర్కొన్న (muṃdu pērkonna)
- Turkish: adı geçen (tr), mezkûr (tr), sözü geçen (tr)
- West Frisian: niisneamd
- (uncountable) The one or ones mentioned previously.
- The judge read a list of prisoners' names. She then indicated that the aforementioned were to be set free.
one or ones mentioned previously