acidic (comparative more acidic, superlative most acidic)
- (chemistry) Having a pH less than 7, or being sour, or having the strength to neutralize alkalis, or turning a litmus paper red.
- (mineralogy) Containing a high percentage of silica; opposed to basic.
- Of or relating to acid; having the character of an acid.
- an acidic solution
- (having pH less than 7): basic
chemistry: having pH less than 7
mineralogy: containing a high percentage of silica
- acidic in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913